Child Development Council expressions of interest for membership
Applications are now open for a vacancy in the membership of the Child Development Council, established under the Children and Young People (Oversight and Advocacy Bodies) Act 2016 (PDF 212KB).
Applications close 9am, Tuesday 25 June 2019.
The Child Development Council is an expert body with the responsibility to:
- prepare and maintain an Outcomes Framework for Children and Young People (birth to 18 years) in accordance with the Act and the Children and Young People (Oversight and Advocacy Bodies) Regulations 2017 (PDF 56KB)
- advise, and report to, the Government of South Australia on the effectiveness of the Outcomes Framework in:
- keeping children and young people safe from harm
- ensuring that they are cared for in a way that allows them to realise their potential
- improving the physical and mental health, and the emotional wellbeing, of children and young people
- improving their participation in educational and vocational training
- improving the participation of children and young people in sporting, creative, cultural and other recreational activities
- ensuring that children and young people are properly prepared for taking their position in society as responsible citizens
- maintaining the cultural identity of children and young people.
The Child Development Council works collaboratively with experts and communities including children, young people, parents, carers and families; the Commissioner for Children and Young People; state and local government agencies; community groups and other organisations.
Members have a collective range of skills, knowledge, qualifications or practical experience in the following areas:
- knowledge of state and national reform agendas including, but not limited to, health, education, training, employment, (developmental) disability, youth justice, child protection, social inclusion
- experience in analysing, interpreting and presenting epidemiological and population level information and/or data in areas including, but not limited to, health, education, training, employment, (developmental) disability, youth justice, child protection, social inclusion
- expertise in health, education, epidemiology, law, economics, (developmental) disability, youth justice, parenting, the Arts, sports, business
- understanding of, and/or experience in, community and stakeholder engagement for the development of the Outcomes Framework eg to effectively ‘engage with children and young people, and their parents, carers and families’
- broad knowledge of system performance and monitoring measures as well as contemporary approaches to assessing and evaluating system performance (desirable).
A sitting fee for attending Council meetings applies.
How to apply
- Complete the electronic application form (386 KB)
- Attach your current CV which clearly:
- sets out the evidence of your relevant qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience
- lists your history of board and committee experience
- provides the names and contact details of three referees.
If you do not have a current CV complete the CV template (381 KB) and return with your completed application form.
- Attach a copy of your current South Australian Department for Human Services (formerly Department for Communities and Social Inclusion) Child-Related Employment Screening clearance certificate (working with children check)
- Email your completed application form and attachments to ChildrenSA@sa.gov.au by 9am, Tuesday 25 June 2019.
P (08) 8463 6450
M 0477 337 278